Monday, August 11, 2014

#190 The Pronghorn

Animalia: Day 133
The Pronghorn

My first horned quadruped in a little while!
As much as I dislike all of the images of hunted and dead animals,
I am still pretty into taxidermy and the aesthetic of mounted heads.
Also, ritual masks that are way too big for their own good,
and art that emulates that sort of aesthetic. Anyways I kind of combined
those into a dude wearing a big animal head and dancing.

But I am very happy with how this one turned out.

In any case, I had originally drawn a boring body for this guy,
which reminded me too much of my drawings of the deer and chamois,
so I switched his body out for a human carrying a mounted head.
Which kind of negates this guy's status as a horned quadruped, eh?
Here's how it was originally going to look, via phone photo of process:

Tomorrow: the Psittacosaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment