Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#18 The Alligator

Animalia: Day 3
The Alligator

So this is from last night, and I will try and post today's later today.

I just posted the sketchbook page because they were pretty clean drawings
and laid out on the page fine

Going to be honest,
Didn't really know the difference between an alligator and crocodile until this.
I knew it had something to do with one having a narrower head,
and the other having a rounder one, but I didn't know which was which.

Originally I had this idea of really accentuating the difference
by making the alligator have a giant round shovel head,
which is kind of what happened in the second drawing,
but it's less rounded and shovelly than I had initially imagined.

Later today: the Alpaca

2 comments:

  1. jun bug i like the project! way to keep yourself motivated, its hard to do these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It most definitely is. Not sure how this project will do on days I don't have internet, or when I'm moving to Texas, or when I'm not sitting bored at work most of the day.

    ReplyDelete